Asheville

Asheville

Thursday, May 27, 2010

I have this intense fear of wasting my summer away. So I won't.

(Read above title)
Last year, in my US History and Lit class, one of our assignments was to sit, without food, drinks, iPods, TV, anything, for an hour. Everyone was complaining (including me) saying "I can't sit still for that long, I'll get hungry... or worse, bored!" I found this to be the easiest assignment of the school year. Why? Because I sit for hours and think anyways. Sitting and thinking are a couple things that I find easy, I might have a guitar in my hands or a lawnmower loudly doing its gruesome work underneath me, but in essence... I'm just sitting and pondering life, the universe, and everything. (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy quote... Warning: I will quote things. A lot.)
So I finally decided to actually type my quanderings out (Warning: I will also make up words... I'm a word-maker-upper... also see "Lawyer") My main objectives for this blog is so in 20-30 years or so from now, I can stumble upon this and say, "Hey, (insert wife's name here), look what I found! I typed stuff when I was a kid!" Then we will read and chuckle at my 18 year-old life-questions. "Haha that's neat... now weigh anchor and set the sails!," heroicly proclaims my future wife with feigned furrowed brow. (I plan on living on a ship, sailing the seven seas with high adventure when I grow up... My previous quote implies that my wife will be the captain... maybe that's a good thing) "As you wish, my love!", I will promptly reply. "Stop quoting things!" "Yes, Ma'am!"
Actually, that is my secondary objective for my blog... make that tertiary objective. My primary objective (as it should be with all things we do) is to bring honor and glory to our Father in Heaven. Hopefully that will keep me on track. My real secondary objective is to not waste my summer away... as my title implies. Maybe I can spend my time for good! Maybe I can even carry this blog with me through college... This should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment